Awe, ladies, ladies, ladies, ladies! Damn, how many times have we seen someone’s weave ponytail and wanted to YANK IT OUT DUE TO NON-MAINTENANCE? Below is my formula for maintaining a beautiful Ponytail:
Ingredients You Will Need:
1. A Human Ponytail that will Blend With YOUR HAIR. Ladies if you have Jet Black Hair, then You need #1. Off black hair, 1B, Brown hair, #2, Mixed off black with golden highlights, 1B & 30. Please refer to a licensed COSMETOLOGIST when searching for your “Perfect” Ponytail.
2. A fresh perm. Either Mizani will do the trick or something else that only, I repeat ONLY a a professional cosmetologist can do. Box Perms are a NO NO if you are barely holding on to ANY OF YOUR REAL HAIR. Please be careful, this is not a game.
3. Beverly Johnson, or any other Ghetto ass product is not gonna do it for your ponytail. You need something of a very high quality. A ponytail tha has built in teeth will do the job AND if you are really stretching your little bit of hair, I would opt for a WIG until you can comfortably gather your mane together! No one likes a woman with a stressed out receding hairline, NO ONE!
4. A CLEAN HEAD OF HAIR. DO I REALLY NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS STEP?
5. PRODUCTS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO KEEP YOUR MANE AND THE PERSON’S MANE YOU ARE WEARING SHINY AND BEAUTIFUL. Any product with Olive Oil IS GREAT as it is light and will not cause an unwanted buildup.
6. AN OPINION! I SUGGEST YOU GET THE OK FROM A CLOSE FRIEND OR BETTER YET FROM A WELL RESPECTED HAIRSTYLIST. MY PERSONAL OPINION IS THAT YOU BEFRIEND A DIVA DRAG QUEEN AND LET THEM GIVE YOU THEIR TRUE THOUGHTS! THINK, JUJUBEE OR TYRA, OR MY NEW DRAG FAVORITE FROM SEASON 3 OF RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE—MARIAH! GO TO LOGOTV.COM AND CHECK OUT HER PONYTAIL, BECAUSE THAT ISH IS OFF THE CHAIN, AND “SHE’S” A MAN!
SO, ladies, if you found this blog the least bit helpful and you know a friend of a friend of a friend who could use the advice, please forward this link! As always, I welcome the comments!