Man, I’m like at a crossroad in my life right now. I moved out here from Atlanta to pursue this acting thing and for like 3 years now, I’ve been hustling and hustling in corporate and networking like a maniac and now I need more than ever for things to start moving, like fast. So, this entry is gonna be a little different than the previous ones, cause I’m going from thought to thought, so keep up.
First, I am getting a little aggravated with a certain “007 N**gah”. I swear he knows how to push all my buttons to the “T”. I’ve known him since like 04-05 and this dude still can’t remember nothing we talk about, like important stuff, like birthdays or like how to spell my stage name. Its 4 letters Negro, 4! A……..N……..J……….I! “I” AS IN IGLOO, OR “I” AS IN “IDIOT” OR “I” AS IN “IGNORE, IRATE, IRRITATED, INSANE”. I, I, I, I, I, I, I! You got it? Good. I ain’t gonna lie, this dude is my heart, but sometimes “I” don’t get you. You still my pookie though. Sometimes.
Next thought. The year 2016 is definitely my year that the world is going to know exactly who “A…N…J…I…R….A…Y” IS. I perceive that I will be an established actor by that time, doing what I love doing and having a couple of acting accomplishments under my belt. I mean, I am classically trained, you know, like as in knowing the works of Stanislavski, Shakespeare, Hagan, Ibsen, etc. Improv is my forte, I love it. Used to suck at it, but the Groundlings have been good to a sistah. My goal with the Groundlings is to make it to the main company, WHICH, I will do.
Next thought. Is anyone else now scarred by the word “Precious”? I mean, me and my dude-friend that I was talking about were like conversing about babies and marriage and the disintegration of the respect of the institution of marriage and outta the blue, dude says, “Yeah, your babies are gonna be precious. I’m surprised you haven’t you don’t have any children by now….., I mean like you’re at that age.” OK, first, the movie “Precious” ruined that word for me ALL TOGETHER! Quotes like, “Life is Precious” or “Babies are Precious” now have no meaning to me what so ever! Any time I hear the word, “Precious” I automatically think of a world of flesh RUNNING DOWN the streets of NY with a bucket of fried chicken in her hands. I can’t! Secondly, I don’t have any children, because I don’t have a husband yet and “I” still believe in the institution of marriage……First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in that baby carriage! I want 5 babies, but like “Camille from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” I also want 5 nannies. One for each baby. Real talk. Like, I totally believe in rearing your own children, that’s why if the nannies lay a finger on any of my babies, “Michael and all the angels of Heaven are gonna have to hold me back!” That!!!!! I don’t play with! Also, anywhere I’m at the babies are gonna be right there along with all the nannies, especially on set.
Next thought. Mediatakeout.com is a trip! I ain’t gonna lie, I’m a faithful MTO reader, but sometimes it is extremely aggravating to see misspelled names of celebrities and words. Whoever writes for MTO, should be forced to show their boss that they have SPELL-CHECKED the stories before hitting that “Send” button.
Next thought. Who do you think is gonna win Best Actress and Best Actor for this year’s Academy Awards? What about Best Picture? The nominations come out today! So excited! I hope Halle Berry gets a nomination for Best Actor in her new movie, “Frankie & Alice”, that would really just do it for me! She didn’t get the Golden Globe nomination, but hey, this town is unpredictable. I think “Inception, Black Swan, The Fighter, The Town, The King’s Speech and MAYBE Social Network” all will receive nominations. But my bet is that “The King’s Speech” will win for Best Picture. Roger Ebert gave it 4 stars, which is most difficult to get. Best Actor in a Supporting role? Maybe Bale or Renner or Timberlake. Best Actor, Colin Firth. Best Actress, my hope is Halle Berry, but second best Natalie Portman. IDK yall, this year’s Oscars are bound to be MOST interesting! Most!
So, I just had to see how close I was to these predictions! The nominations are in: Check them out!
Actor in a Leading Role
- Javier Bardem in “Biutiful”
- Jeff Bridges in “True Grit”
- Jesse Eisenberg in “The Social Network” #3
- Colin Firth in “The King’s Speech” #1
- James Franco in “127 Hours” #2
Actor in a Supporting Role
- Christian Bale in “The Fighter” #2
- John Hawkes in “Winter’s Bone”
- Jeremy Renner in “The Town” #1
- Mark Ruffalo in “The Kids Are All Right”
- Geoffrey Rush in “The King’s Speech” #3
Actress in a Leading Role
- Annette Bening in “The Kids Are All Right”#3
- Nicole Kidman in “Rabbit Hole”
- Jennifer Lawrence in “Winter’s Bone”
- Natalie Portman in “Black Swan” #1
- Michelle Williams in “Blue Valentine” #2
Actress in a Supporting Role
- Amy Adams in “The Fighter”#3
- Helena Bonham Carter in “The King’s Speech”#2
- Melissa Leo in “The Fighter”#1
- Hailee Steinfeld in “True Grit”
- Jacki Weaver in “Animal Kingdom”
- “Black Swan” Darren Aronofsky
- “The Fighter” David O. Russell #2
- “The King’s Speech” Tom Hooper #1
- “The Social Network” David Fincher #1
- “True Grit” Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
Best Picture—–THIS HARD! I WILL NOT MAKE A PREDICTION!
- “Black Swan” Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver and Scott Franklin, Producers
- “The Fighter” David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Mark Wahlberg, Producers
- “Inception” Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan, Producers
- “The Kids Are All Right” Gary Gilbert, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte and Celine Rattray, Producers
- “The King’s Speech” Iain Canning, Emile Sherman and Gareth Unwin, Producers
- “127 Hours” Christian Colson, Danny Boyle and John Smithson, Producers
- “The Social Network” Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca and Ceán Chaffin, Producers
- “Toy Story 3” Darla K. Anderson, Producer
- “True Grit” Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers
- “Winter’s Bone” Anne Rosellini and Alix Madigan-Yorkin, Producers
That is all for right now guys!